Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The gym scares me.


I'm hiding in the locker rooms at the gym. Every treadmill is full and it's 85 degrees in this place. How do you tell your friend that you can't breath and your not just being lazy but you CANT deal with all the people. Not today. Not this week.  I was like I'll just go walk outside around the building for an hour while your in here yet I got upset because I just can't be normal. It's bad enough that I just can't run. I can jog a bit but I'm just too heavy to run. 

So why am I putting myself through this torture? Because somewhere there is a little fat girl who is terrified of the people at the gym, suffering from depression and anxiety trying to prove to herself and everyone else that she can have a 13.1 sticker on her car no matter how "fat" she is.
 

Did you know?
Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States (18% of U.S. population).
1.8 million people finished 13.1 miles last year.


It should comfort me to know that 40 million people feel the same way I do .

I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment