Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

What is written on your forehead?

Do you ever feel like something 
is written on your forehead? 
Like everyone in the world can see something about you but you can't?
That one thing that makes you go home and say they must be crazy for thinking that I could be that, or do that...........

Everyone must feel this way at some point in time.

I have a friend who is BEAUTIFUL! She is probably the most beautiful woman I have ever met. She can take control of a room with her beauty in a heart beat, I've seen it happen many times. But as most woman are, shes not confident in her beauty.
Beauty is written on her forehead, everyone else can see it but he can't!

I have another friend who screams LEADER. Everyone loves him, and respects him. I mean BAM respect. God has given him authority but does he think he could be a leader? nooooo 
Its like Leader is written on his forehead, everyone else can see it but he can't!

Another Friend is an amazing worship leader, talk about anointed to bring people closer to God through worship, its this guy. He doesn't know but some of the times I've felt closest to the Lord have been following him. Gods has blessed him in so many ways but does he see it? most of the time No, Satan attacks him constantly and its annoying!



I have another friend who is STRONG. She is facing some hard things right now and just keeps going. I mean everyone breaks but ... man talk about putting on the Full  Armor of God this girl is marching into battle head on. The problem is that she can't see how strong she is. Her friends, family, and even strangers tell her how inspiring she is, and how they can see Gods strength shine through her.
 All she can see is fear, brokenness, worry, uglyness, and loneliness!
 Then she remembers that Strength IS written on her forehead. Actually its TATTOOED on there because Gods strength will never leave me.

Lately I feel as if God had to bring me to the "Ends of the Earth" to show me how much strength I really have in HIM!

Strength has been a word that hasn't really been in my vocabulary up until recently but boy has it made a grand entrance. According to bible gateway Strength is in the Bible 237 times.
Here are a few  of my favs so far......

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 12:2
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
Psalm 81:1
  Sing for joy to God our strength; shout aloud to the God of Jacob!

Should I keep going?
Okay last but not least in my book.....

 Proverbs 31:25
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.<<<<<< FAVORITE


Anyways God has really opened my eyes to some qualities of Him that reside in all of us.  His gifts are endless, sometimes we just don't get it. Our poor human minds are so full of other junk, we just don't see how Gods Glory can shine through us or we believe one of Satan lies.

I guess what I'm trying to say is look in the mirror and try to see yourself through Gods eyes. Most likely thats how people are seeing you!

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven- Matthew 5:16

SO WHAT IS TATTOOED 
ON YOUR FOREHEAD?

***** DISCLAIMER*****
If you feel I called you out above, or think wow sarahs talking about me, its because i probably am, or I could have been talking about normal qualities in all of us and you got convicted, or I could just be talking about myself. Figure it out, or take it for what it is. 
Me- Your friend sarah just trying to process whats going on in her life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment