Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sarah's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day....

Whenever I have off days I simply go in my room and read "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day" and a few bible verses to bring me some perspective :) and remind me that I'm in Australia following Gods will for my life and there is no reason to embody debbie downer, or negative nancy. I'm silly sarah lol

Yesterday didn't count though.... I'm writing this now as the sun has come up and I'm sure there is a new wonderful day awaiting me.

Anyways I woke up yesterday with my pain level up worse than ever before, so I basically did noting but lay on the couch all day, which is always fun but beginning to bore me quite a bit. After some help from my good friend pain medicine I needed to go to the store so I started to shuffle/waddle my way down stairs and exited the building into a thunderstorm of west Texas proportions. So I made it to coles  got what I needed then headed back out into the storm. The suburb of Waterloo thought it would be nice to put tile on most of the pathways in our little area......... So Tile + Rain=Slippers.... I busted hard, crushed all my eggs and sour cream ( I didn't go buy more cause the account is low and what a waste) and I'm betting broke a rib (my side is black and blue this morning) so then I pout and cry in the rain on the way home cause I'm just feelin quite pathetic. I also prayed that my fall didn't rupture or cause damage to my already fragile cyst and insides...... So I called one of my friends who has a teenybopper TV show that I enjoy watching because it just takes the mind off things but the XBOX didn't work...
As you know I'm going to the Lady Antebellum/Keith Urban Concert on Thursday, if I can move or not :) well my friend who was going with me texted and said she couldn't go.... so there's $90 bucks that couldn't have been spent on grocery's or medicine or dr's bills....
About this time I  had enough, and lashed out at everyone around me, plopped down on my couch with Jamie pies and cried it out.

Then here comes Jesus and my contients quoting 1 Peter5:10
 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast...

So I'm believing that despite yesterday, this month, and even the whole year, God is actively working to make me strong, firm and steadfast.  Why else would I be going through all this?? Someone once told me this year would be one of sandpaper... where God smooths out all my rough edges, and believe me I have plently...

Some days its your turn to be the bug that gets smushed on the windshield :)

Happy Monday

1 comment:

  1. Love you! Glad that Alexander is there to help along with Scripture and Jamie Pies. :)Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete