Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Things I've learned in Traffic

I, Sarah Victoria Carpenter, am not cut out for commuting. I hate traffic!

I was having a hard time figuring out why I'm so so so exhausted this week.  Yes I'm standing on my feet all day but I should be used to it by now .... Then it hit me! I add about 2 hours to my day tensed up in traffic. .... it took me 2 hours to get home the other day... two hours! I know many people do this on a daily bases and I salute y'all!

So here are a few things I've learned this week.

  • Many people here in Austin release their stress but smoking a bong when gridlocked on Mopac.... I've seen it twice now.
  • Don't be afraid to put your car in park and take off your shoes.
  •  It always comes in handy to have snacks or a drink specifically for your car ride.
    Sarah + Traffic+ Hunger= HULK
  • its nice to have your cell phone charged so that you may talk... not text but talk about how wonderful your day and ride home was...
  • Also you should rememeber that just because someone is in the exit only lane does not mean they are actually going to exit... they are just speeding around you to get 6 cars ahead and then come to a complete stop!

Mom says books on tape work so I'm going to try that out

Do you have any good tips for commuting or sitting in traffic for hours a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment