Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

You're talkin to a stranger...

 Some times when I can't put what I'm thinking or feeling into words I turn to my 3 trusted friends.... Lady A. I'm not one of those crazy crazy fans but they sure can put any mood or feeling into words! I love the new album but tonight I was brought back to their first album full of angst and breakup hate strongly dislike.


It’s so like you just to show up at my door
And act like nothin’s happened
You think I’ll sweep my heart up off the floor
And give it to you
Like so many times before
You’re talking to a stranger
I’m not that girl anymore

That girl is long gone
Boy you missed the boat it just sailed away
Long gone
She’s not drowning in her yesterdays
Betcha never thought I’d be that strong
Well this girl is long gone


This song came on the radio on my way home from having dinner with a friend tonight... I couldn't help but think about the line you're talkin to a stranger... sometimes I feel like I am so much of a stranger I don't know myself.... that I just can't figure out who I am and who I want to be. I know who I am in Christ but lately I've felt that just knowing that isn't enough... 


Day 5 of no dr pepper.....

No comments:

Post a Comment