Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Wants and needs for 2014


This isn't what I thought my life would be like in 2014. Up way too early on a Saturday morning worried about kids because I couldn't see them on their bikes. Plus I spent last night with six 9-12 year old boys in my living room.

Who am I and what happened to Sarah?

I've always been a firm believer that Gods ways are so much greater than my ways. That He knows what he is doing way more than me. Lately though I've started to question.
Maybe its the start of the new year and thinking about change and such....

I want to travel.
I want to become a really awesome cook.
I want to go to my last 7 out of the 50 states before I'm 30.
I want to backpack through Europe.
I want to go on a cruise again.
I want to swim in every ocean.
I want to fall in love.
I want to own a house/farm/condo/flat- I want to own something
I want to see the world and make a difference in others lives.

I need to lose 100 lbs and go back to AUS ( yes in that order)
I need to get my mental health in order.
I need to pay off debt.
I need to buy a reliable car.
I need to finish a half marathon.
I need to be healthy
I need to get a degree.
I need to help with these boys.

What I want and what I need are two very different things.

Instead of a New Years Resolution that I will most likely fail I'm going to jump on the one word for 2014 band wagon.
 LIVE.

This year I'm not going to let my depression/satan stop me from living.


No comments:

Post a Comment