Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Getting lost in a book!

so call me a nerd but sometimes I just like to et lost in a book. Curl up on the couch and read. I feel like the characters and I know how they are feeling and what they are going through. Maybe its because my mom was a librarian I just enjoy reading! Call me belle, a nerd geek, whatever you want! so I've been reading some Christian Romance novels lately and usually they are just feel good books. So the latest one I read was about this girl who didn't think she was good enough and a guy who didn't think he ws good enough... yada yada yada

then I read this

"so where does God come into play in this business? it seems to me He took a woman drawing water and gave her to Issac. He took the mother of our Savior and placed her safely in the arms of a lowly carpenter. Seems to me your limiting God on what he might have for you."

Woah I never looked at it that way before. I sat there defending Joesph he wasn't JUST a lowly Carpenter... but thats how other people saw him. it made me think of people saying oh shes just a teacher or hes just a rancher... GOD knows what he's doing. I love that I'm reminded of that in simple little ways like from a book I got from the half price bin at mardel because I'm cheap......

No comments:

Post a Comment