Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

D-now....

So D-now started last night. For those of you who don't know what that is its a Discipleship Now program that puts youth in homes with college age leaders for a week. (like OMG IM SO EXCITED... LOOK AT ALL THE FOOD... !)

I got the bright idea to host this year. Why not? I have a decent sized house ( like OMG your house is so neat) with the time to do it so I volunteered. Molly Haire ( my bestie) also joined in as my spouse/helper since most hosts are A) married and B) not 22.
Needless to say here I am. 8:00 in the morning blogging while molly's drying her hair ( like wow its so blonde) The girls passed out somewhere between 3:30 or 4:00 AM. My house is now taken over by 11 of the funniest, sweetest 8th grade girls I've ever met. They are truly happy and excited to learn with each other this weekend (learn? like we came for the band K?)

I went to the Adult Worship service with Jeff Johnson and his piano last night. It was wonderful. I love worship. Ky Martin ( what a fun preacher) spoke about being a Christian and the Cost.

Is GOD a part of your plan or are YOU a part of his? (plans? like im only 13 you guys)
Is it a Job or a Joy?

I realized last night while he was talking that this weekend is a JOY for me. That I am delighting in the Lord using me even though its something as small as hosting..

Then we went to the Jam session with the kiddos. There is nothing I like more than to sing at the top of my lungs and not be able to hear my self........ I love loud music. I like to hear my heart beat with the base ( like omg they are so cute.... ohhh married too) I love watching the Kids worship to. I should take a lesson from them and Worship as if I don't have a care in the world.

Im going to learn how be be JOYOUS this weekend from my girlys ( aww your like sweet)



More to come from this crazy weekend!

*****The italize text is what our girls are thinking********

P.S Jeff Johnson's song ruin me is amazing go find it and buy it and learn it and listen to the words and (like omg its so good its my favorite and like wow i wanna hear it again and again)

2 comments:

  1. Ruin Me is amazing! I am working a D-Now in Hawley in February with 9-10th grade girls and im so excited!! I hope that everything goes well for you guys this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I looked up Jeff Johnson. I do know his Glorious Day song and really like it, but had never heard Ruin Me... it is convicting and so good!

    ReplyDelete