Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

great conversation....

Ever been to dinner or something and then after think wow... we just spent 2 hours in there?
I love eating with good friends. Corie and I went to dinner today and talked about God, life, and alot of love.. it was great.

so I'm reading a few (more like 5) books at the moment and I wanted to share a quote of one!

"if you don't love somebody, it gets annoying when they tell you what to do or what to feel. When you love them you get pleasure from their pleasure, and it makes it easy to serve. I didn't love God because I didn't know God." - Blue like Jazz - Donald Miller (thanks jesse)

I never thought of it that way. Think about wife's striving to please their husbands every wish... shouldn't we as Christians get pleasure from pleasing the Lord?
Next is just a funny quote from the book.
"The Bible is so good with chocolate. I always thought the bible was more of a salad thing, ya know, but it isn't. Its a chocolate thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment