Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

" this plant needs extra care"

As some of you may know I'm house sitting for Mrs Bridges aka the Abster this weekend. So after a killer 2 mile walk/jog I was sitting on her back porch having some water ( I wish I could say coffee). I was looking at her freshly watered plants thinking about their beauty and life.

I'm not a plant person. I took after my mom and have a black thumb... she would kill Beth's plants and I kill Abby's. Its life.  I could see the hesitation when Abby was showing me how and which ones need watering. Yes Yall I need special instructions when it comes to plants. I didn't want to be like" remember when you went on your honeymoon.... then we went under super water restrictions so I didn't water as much and get yall find but instead I  killed your whole backyard and porch of awesomeness" yeah......

I have been super proud of myself since being here. I'm taking time and caring for each plant, the dogs and even myself. I've walked almost every morning, eaten at home every night but one, and besides watching all of Game of Thrones season 2 in a night I've been somewhat productive; just over all being a super responsible grown up, I got paid friday and haven't even touched it, granted it all goes straight to bills but that's another story...

Anyways plants. Back to plants. Not rabbit trails ...

The other night Abby said "this one needs extra care, I'm nursing it back to health, it got blown around in the move" This morning while watering that plant I couldn't help but thing about my Heavenly Father saying that about me.  " This one needs extra care, shes fragile, shes gotten blown around in the move", or life for that matter...

I feel like God is slowly nursing me back to health. 

I may need extra watering, extra time, before I'm normal and can live with the rest of the plants in peace on the back porch. Sometimes I may need to be brought in during a bad storm even though the other plants are "strong enough" to stand the weather. Some plants can be temperamental and emotional when faced with a new climate or change. I've always sworn I'd rather be single my whole life than be divorced... maybe God needs some more time to water my future husband and I to make sure we have a strong relationship.  I don't want to meet my future husband or find my dream career a sick, wilted, blown around plant. I want to be loved and cared for until I'm healthy and strong enough to withstand the weather.

1 Corinthians 2:9
But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”

I ironically had this song in my head which I think fits perfectly with how I'm feeling this morning.


No eye has seen
No ear has heard
The depths of Your love, Lord
No mind can fathom
The love You deserve
How great You are

 


No comments:

Post a Comment